Update Page

My photo
As most of you already know, on July 28 my brother had an Arterio-Venous Malformation (AVM) which ruptured in his brain and had to undergo emergency brain surgery to remove it. We've created this website to give everyone brief updates on his status because it has been difficult to keep everyone up-to-date. There aren't words to describe the gratitude we feel for the outcry of support and love that has been shown for Noah. We also appreciate all of the positive energy and prayer that has been directed his way -- and truly believe it is helping him.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday

The following story might be inappropriate, but like Noah, I've lost my filter after this 14-day emotional rollercoaster... so beware...

Two days ago, Noah was having a hard time urinating, and they had to administer a catheter. I've never seen Noah scream as loud in his entire life... he was shrieking like you cannot imagine. When it was over, the nurse told Noah that she'd give him 2 hours to urinate on his own, and if he couldn't, she'd have to do it again. About an hour into it, Noah said, "I have to pee," and asked to go to the bathroom....but he couldn't go. In a panic, Noah looked at me with utter desperation and said "Dude, please, teach me how to pee." Long story short, we figured it out. In any case, ever since this experience, Noah has taken the opportunity to tell everyone he meets (including 60-something-year-old female nurses) that he can pee... obviously as a means of making sure that nobody comes near him with a catheter. Anyways...

This morning, Noah called me on my cell phone at 6:30am and said, "Balls, where are you?" (Balls is an endearing, I think, nickname that Noah called me BEFORE his rupture...amazing how the things you want him to forget...). I showed up just in time to go to Noah's 7:30am CT Scan. On the way to the scan, Noah made friends with the guy pushing the gurney. One of the first things he tells the guy is, "Hey... I can pee." It took a little explaining...

But, back to my comment about Noah not having a filter... This morning, Noah's in the CT scan, and I'm outside the room because I can't go near the xray. So I guess the xray was operated by a female attendant... and I hear Noah yell from inside the scan, "Hey Balls, this girl is sooooo hot." Followed by an explosion of laughter from all of the male employees in the room... I never got to see if she actually was :)

Tomorrow morning, Noah will be transferred to St. Jude's to begin serious Neuro Rehab. We are so blessed to be at this point. It is a miracle. What we would have given 14 days ago to be where we're at. Noah continues to make progress, and I'll close with a couple more photos that say it all:



Noah and Dr. Tabrizi





"The Three of the Boys"

15 comments:

  1. Haha this made my day. It's so great to see these pictures, they really mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is great! I know its going to be lots of work and you have a whole community for stories and recollections for the remapping. We can all do it with you. And it shall be wonderful. I know it. Keep the faith all. Bob, Lailan, Sean, Robin, you are amazing. And Noah, way to go bro!!!
    Love is all there is,
    John Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having SO MUCH FUN reading all the trials and FUN you are all having.... blessings to Lailan and family for raising such determined, smart, faith-bearing, focused and fun young gentlemen!!! Adam, this is truly inspirational to my day-to-day life!!! Noah- WHO's THE MAN? YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!- your godcousins, Lauren, Spencer and Jasmine are so happy you're alive and well and can't wait to see you! -Love, Kathryn and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. noah, you are the man! i had no doubt you would pull it off. by the way nice hair-do, nephews! you might as well convince your pops to take the clipper to his scalp while you're at it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes..what a great story...the whole story is fantastic and I am honored to be in your lives.
    I/we continue to pray for healing for the journey ahead...and am grateful for the healing that has already occured...
    Thank you dear Adam again for the posts...it is a way for us to feel connected but not in the way...as I know this journey takes great concentration, strength and courage...
    Blessings my friends...and way to go...
    XXOXOX
    Love Donna and family...
    PS the THe pictures are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Noah is getting thru omosis from you "Balls"...some serious "Dog"training from my dad!!!!
    Gonna have to send you both to the pound!
    xoxoxoxo
    Unbelievable stuff! Great way to start the day! Love the new twin Kung Fu Panda cuts!
    How many days ago were we eating bagels????
    Hope to see you tonight Balls!
    Love all of you and sending Little Kisses!
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a way to start the day. We LOVED the pictures. Thank you again, Adam, for this web-site. We might need to hear the story about how you came to be named Balls, though. Please hug your Mom and Sean and tell them we send our love and positive energy. And give your amazing brother a hug and kiss from us. You and Noah epitomize the true bond between brothers and it is inspirational. All our love, Judie and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm confused, I would like to join Noah in solidarity too but should I call you Balls or Louie? And I agree with Judie we need the back story on Balls!! I knew deep down in my bones that You Noah would would fight to come back to us. Strong spirit warrior, always was, always will be... oxoxox Christy
    Love love love to you Lailan sending you a deep breath and golden light

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing news! this made my day! the family sends love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noooaaahh!! I'm so proud of you! Your progress is amazing, and the stories are so heartwarming! I think you're pulling Adam's/Louie's leg half the time. So funny! Keep knocking it out of the park, we are all praying for your full recovery, it's in your Karla!
    Louie, your update is the best lifeline to those of us far away. The pictures, stories, laughter, I feel as if I was sitting right there. This is the best way to start my day.
    Love to you all.
    Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Adam for keeping us posted.
    WOW !!!!I am in such a state of gratefulness.
    Noah, keep up the hardwork , you are an amazeing guy and so are your family and friends!
    May Love and prayers continue to surround you and all those you come in contact with.
    Love and blessings
    Linda and Ron and family

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing. absolutely amazing. thanks for keeping us posted adam! take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adam,
    I've been out of the country and just learned about what happened to Noah today. Thank you for writing this blog with so much love and optimism. What an amazing miracle! Tell Noah we love him and are sending him healing thoughts.
    Janey Cohen and family

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's Joe D...

    Hey brother, keep it coming. I was down there the first day when it was all bad news but since then the great news has just kept coming - making my day 99.9% of the time. Keep it up. You're pretty much the man on every level. See ya soon buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Adam. Haven't heard anything for a couple of days. Don't mean to bug you but please let us know what is happening. Is Noah at St. Jude's in Fullerton? We are panting for an update. Thank you for keeping us informed. Love, Judie and Bob oxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete