Update Page

My photo
As most of you already know, on July 28 my brother had an Arterio-Venous Malformation (AVM) which ruptured in his brain and had to undergo emergency brain surgery to remove it. We've created this website to give everyone brief updates on his status because it has been difficult to keep everyone up-to-date. There aren't words to describe the gratitude we feel for the outcry of support and love that has been shown for Noah. We also appreciate all of the positive energy and prayer that has been directed his way -- and truly believe it is helping him.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Morning

Today marks my return to the real world (the office)... so updates may become a bit more sporadic. That said, I will still be seeing Noah every day, and will do my best to keep everyone in the loop.

The biggest and best news as far as I'm concerned is that yesterday Noah moved his right toes. Since Noah's surgery, Noah had been unable to move his right toes and barely able to move his right foot. Yesterday, after nearly 3 weeks, Noah regained movement in his toes -- something that had all of us concerned. His movement remains very limited, and he is only barely able to move them, but it's coming back!

As some of you may have noticed in my August 8th post, I shaved my head after Noah's head was shaved for his brain surgery. Apparently, however, I'm not the only one....





Noah's therapy continues -- as does his progress. Noah beat us multiple times playing Gin Rummy yesterday, he's taken a couple walks in the park (see below), and he continues to make us laugh with his undiminished sense of humor.





Noah with his therapist Shelby

We continue to appreciate the relentless support, love, and prayers that you all have given us. I cannot stop reminding myself what I would have given to be at this point 2 weeks ago... in a post sometime soon I will explain how far we've come, the odds that Noah beat, the countless miracles that occurred to keep Noah alive, and yet, how far we've still got to go. Love to you all.

5 comments:

  1. Adam, thank for keeping us updated on Noah's progress, it is incredible! our thoughts are with all of you guys. love, steve and cathy simon

    P.S. i want bob to shave his head

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, no measure of gratitude for your updates is sufficient. You are keeping us sane. We are eternally in your debt. The pictures are the best and we look at them many times over and read and re-read your reports. Please hug your Mom and Sean and let us know how it goes with your Dad's hair!!! Love, Judie and Bob oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the updates adam. i'm so glad to see that your brother is recovering so quickly! a big hug from the black family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adam, I also want to thank you for all the updates. I check back every day just to see how Noah is doing. It's awesome to see Noah doing better as each day passes. I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Noah... Keep up the good work. Missing you here at Dwindle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Noah and Family,

    We want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers as you continue to move forward in your recovery. If we could be of help in any way, please let us know.

    Much love,
    The Ryu Family

    ReplyDelete